Thursday, November 19, 2009

Change

There's no easy way to talk about this without just saying it...Friday, December 4 will be my last day at The Garland Group. I've decided to start on a different adventure that I'll talk about more as it gets closer.

Before I move on, I do want to expend just a few 1s and 0s on just how much I have enjoyed working at The Garland Group. Honestly, if I were to really get into every inch I've enjoyed, you'd probably think this "Garland Group" place doesn't really exist...it's just a fairy tale I've made up to make other work environments look silly.

You probably wouldn't believe that you can work next to someone that's in a different state or complete projects without ever formalizing work hours. You'd never imagine that encouraging people to go to the grocery store in the middle of a Tuesday could lead to results above expectations. You'd think there is no way a small company headquartered in the Dallas suburbs could change the way an industry thinks and talks about Compliance and that Security could involve more Collaboration than combinations.

Yes. I suppose it does sound a little far fetched, but it's been my reality. It's a tough place to say goodbye to and a hard group to part ways with. I have very much enjoyed my time at The Garland Group and though I am very excited about what is on the horizon, I'd be kidding myself if I said I won't miss it.

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes, Mark! I know Brad and company will miss you sorely, but both parties will thrive...you all are too great of people to fall anything short of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, huge news man. Can't wait to hear what's next. I hope your bromance with Brad continues to burn brightly across all of your ventures.

    ReplyDelete